Today the 15th of Jan 2020, we will be digging our thoughts and visualizing the depth of Visual Search in the Digital Industry. Visual Search has been in trend since years but its gradual incline graph makes it to be a hot cake in 2020 Digital Trends.
In our day to day life we all are using visual search technology to ascertain certain objects. For an example: A photo of a girl wearing a stylish pair of shoes catches your eye. Your wonder which brand they are wearing or research about where you can buy them. You right click and press “Search Google for Images “. Within seconds n numbers of visual results appears as Google suggest its possible search results.
● About 22% of all queries in Google returns as search results!!! It means Google Image Search nearly contributes about 5 – 10 % volumes of total query constantly feeding new data to the users.
● Human Beings are extremely visuals. They can grasp 80% of the information visually thus impacting an effect in visual search.
● “Use a picture, it’s worth a thousand words “A picture makes complex things look simpler.
● Viewers spent 100% more time on pages with visual contents.
● The human brain can process visual information 60,000x times faster than text.
● 42% of retention can be increased by visuals.
● On Tumbler 50% posts are photos.
Visual Search is a technology generally developed by the search engine masters like Google, Bing, Yahoo, and Pinterest. It enables users to snap or upload images to derive more information about the images and get related search results. This technology involves mainly pixel by pixel image search enabling content related results.
One most important invention of this technology is “Google Lens “. Officially launched in 2017 by Google – It’s an AI based visual search tool using deep machine learning to derive relevant information about the object it identified using visual analysis.
We humans are prone to Visual interpretations. Our minds intercept the color & shapes. Every Search Engine Companies are working hard on developing their technologies to make search even easier. Nowadays machines are being taught to think like us.
When the images are processed by the visual search, an algorithm works behind analyzing the images by identifying the objects in it and search for related results. For example if there is an image of Shoes , it will analyze it and show similar images or related images to the user.
Visual Search Engines relies basically on neural networks using deep machine learning technology. Google Visual Search is expanding and technologically developing day by day.
Above we exaggerated Visual Search. So do you think its worth to utilize it? Can it affect your Brands or Business? Read below and share your feedback.
● In this age of speed, people are expecting faster search results and as Human Psychology says “We get attracted by shapes & colors “.
● Pinterest manages more than 600 billion visual search images monthly.
● Virtual Search provides immediate results of similar objects or related objects which save typing time and it’s more technological.
● Apart from time consuming & wider aspects it also appeals to our senses rather than plain text.
● With the Visual Search Technology, apart from images, you can also get reviews about a product you saw at a store, restaurants & hotels nearby and many more.
● By 2022 brands & business that supports voice & visual search technology, is expecting to increase their digital ventures by 40%.
● The Visual Search market is expected to reach $35 billion revenue this year.
Yeah you heard it right. Visual Search technology can improve your brand visibility as well as brand recognition.
● Adding Images in Blogs & Articles: Try to use maximum images in your blogs & articles. As discussed before images serve as an appeal to your senses rather plain text. Using raster images with included message in it along with alternative text makes it more appropriate for your SEO.
● Image Search in Web Inventory: Creating a Web inventory for images provide an additional boost to your brand or business. About 10% of retailers are managing web inventories & it can lead you way ahead of your competitors.
● Image hosting & its optimizations: Host your images in authoritative pages which are more specific user intent. Images should be optimized with alt-tags, descriptions, titles.
● Tailor Made Images: Develop customized images, which keep you out of the competition with your uniqueness & creativity.
● Advertise on Pinterest: Pinterest serves as the largest image stocking platform. It impact on market is continuous and it can cater your brand good number of audiences.
Technological upliftment is a continuous process. With forthcoming of AI technology, Visual Search is also expanding technologically in more accurate way. Just like some image platform Pinterest & Instagram, features like shopping & running target based ads is making a drastic change in the digital market. With this many brands & digital business are implementing voice & visual search technology for their brand awareness & reach. It’s an evolution of search engines via amalgamation of user’s choices & keywords.