Making a good email marketing strategy is always the best idea to become a marketing champ. This strategy should be based on your email marketing KPI’s. Mainly, there are three important types of email marketing – Transactional Emails, Newsletters, and Behavioral Emails.
Transactional emails are messages that automatically send to a user as a response based on the action done by them. So, transactional emails or system-generated emails are order updates, bookings, subscriptions, shopping notices, being details, password reminders, welcome emails, etc. Those emails are important as they inform users about transactions and they follow thoughts.
1. Email address confirmation / Registration emails – This type of email is sent to users to confirm their actions. Some websites or businesses do this to confirm that a subscriber enters a valid email address.
2. Password reset emails – This email is sent to a user to give an option to change a password. Many websites with login facility give these to the users, who have forgot or want to reset the password.
3. Order confirmations emails and Purchase receipts – After a subscriber makes a purchase or register for an order usually a confirmation email comes. Buyers are often eager to view the confirmation because it lets them know about the information of their purchase, time.
4. Feedback emails – It is an easy way to interact with the buyers. It gives a brief understanding of how your buyer feels about the product specifications.
5. Reactivation emails – It is sent to the customers who haven’t continued to engage but they have previously interacted with the brand. Reactivation emails helps to remind users about your brand. It involves sending more customized offers to customers with low engagement or existing customers who are likely to convert.
• Build Customer Trust – When a company or business provides useful information at every step of transaction customers usually feel safe.
• Increase Customer Engagement – Customers get hope and feel special whenever there is one to one communication.
• Brand Recognition – Transactional emails are a great way to represent a brand by sending elements like logo, typography, and colour. Its uniqueness stays in users mind.
Email newsletters are used to keep your customers updated about your new products and promotions.It helps to keep your audience engaged. It-encourages users to trust your brand and converts into sales. Even though it is one of the oldest email marketing, still 70% of companies use this.
1. The company’s newsletter – It contains updates about products, services, changes achievements, and policy of the company. It is sent to employees, retirees, insiders to update and build morale.
2. The consumer newsletter – It contains information about new products launched, industry news, and tips for using services. It is sent to past or current customers, clients, and consumers to stay in touch.
3. The organization newsletter – This newsletter used to communicate with business partners, donors, beneficiaries about business works. It is used both internally and externally to make a profit or to make others understand better.
• Traffic Increase – Newsletters consists of interesting news that users can study in detail. By providing a link or website, you can easily increase traffic to your website or blog.
• Increase Sales – Even though it can’t affect you directly, it can do it indirectly. By providing information about the product with recent updates, it can catch the eyes of the customers.
• Brand Awareness and Recognition Enhancement – Customers will associate the brand logo and your name with a positive experience like they get from your website. If you share valuable and unique content, your subscriber will wait for your next newsletter.
• Social Media Profiles Promotion – If you have created a profit for your brand on social media, you can easily promote it by adding links to your emails, newsletters.
Behavioral emails are automated emails sent to the audience targeting them depending upon their likes, interest, and behavior. Those customized email messages are sent after a user engaged with a business on social media or the company’s website. It includes strategy interaction with users and companies that are identified and analyzed. Based on those interactions it determines the type of content that will be delivered to the user by their behavior. This helps to boost customer engagement and sales.
1. Registrations – These includes FAQs, welcome and getting started emails. Their goal is to inform about the benefits of cooperation.
2. Conversions – Those emails generally reflect the action such as subscribe, purchase, sign up, download, etc. Their goal is to notify about the details of a transaction for better creditability.
3. Site or social activity – The triggers of the behavioral emails are viewed products, watched videos, posted comments, items added to the wish list, abandoned cards, shared posts. The goal is to encourage the customer to buy.
• Helps to Understand Customer Needs – Based on customer behavior, marketers sense the preferences of the buyers. It helps to understand user’s preference and helps to move further in stages of sales funnel.
• Support Continuous Improvements – It helps to get detailed insights on improvement and modifications needed. It helps to develop strategies.
• Drives ROI – It helps to attain higher engagements in social media and websites. It also leads to better email engagements and subscriptions leading to higher ROI.
Nowadays different marketers have different views on Email Marketing. Some says it’s slowly diminishing its effectiveness while some says it’s still on high. As per the market survey, 70% of the marketers still use email marketing s their marketing strategy.
So what do you think? Comment and let us know.