Podcasts allows listening audio files in computer, digital audio players by pooling audio files from a podcasting website. It is a free service that any internet user can use. Podcasts derive from iPod (a personal digital audio player made by Apple) and broadcast terms. It doesn’t need an iPod to play. That means, it can be used on any portable media devices such as a portable media player (PMP), a media phone, a personal digital assistant(PDA), or any other iPod device.
In short, Podcasts are an audio program like Talk Radio that focuses on a particular topic or theme. It consists of many audio episodes that after subscribing to your Smartphone, you can listen to whatever you like.
Basically most of the podcasts today are audio, even though video podcasts does exists. Video podcasts combine the audio component of podcasting with visual media. It also helps to build a business, especially in the sales and marketing sectors.
Former MTV video jockey Adam Curry together with a software developer Dave Winer launched podcasting in 2004. Adam Curry developed program named “Ipodder” that helps to download internet radio broadcasts to his iPod. His idea was then developed and improved by several developers and broadcasting was officially born. In recent days Adam Curry hosts a popular show called “The Daily Source Code”.
Podcasting is free government regulation. It doesn’t need to buy a license to board their programming. So, It can be done in some very simple steps –
1. Podcasts make information personal – While podcasting, the content communicated directly to you through video or verbally. Rather than reading information from a document or email, podcasting makes it more interesting.
2. Podcasts are convenient and easy to consume – After subscribing to some podcasting feeds, it will automatically download newly released content.
3. Podcasts cut costs – Podcasts is cost effective. They can also reduce the meeting cost and email storage cost.
4. Podcasting is a time-efficient form of communication – You can do other works while listening to the podcast. It is time saving too.
5. Podcasts are portable – If your computer is portable you can take residing podcasts on your computer and you can listen whenever and wherever you want. You can also transfer podcasts to personal media players such as iPods.
6. Podcasting is an on-demand technology – Listeners can listen to whatever and whenever they want.
7. Podcasts are one way to deliver on social networking – Your podcast subscribers are the core of your community and over time. They will be your best prospects for depending on the relationship through cross-sell and loyalty tactics.
Podcasts are a great way to start up or develop your business. The several benefits come with the podcast when used for business
Simply podcast is a powerful marketing tool that businesses are increasingly using nowadays. It is a great way to get and share information due to its accessibility. There is a huge sector of podcasts being offer to costumes, with new ones being offer every day. No matter what the subject you are interested in, chances are there is a podcast for it.