Voice search, an ability to search by voice in other words, enables us to speak with devices. It allows users to use voice commands to interact with devices like Smartphone, laptops, or smart home devices. Compared with standard text-based searching the voice search performs much faster with other benefits. Voice inside many devices is called voice assistants. Some examples are Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Apple Siri, etc.
• Select voice command icon
• Use the name of the virtual assistant
• Click on the home button
• 41% of adults use voice search every day.
• It is expected that by the end of 2020, 50% of searching will be based on voice search.
• When researching products according to Social Media Today, 50% of people now use voice search.
• “What”, “How”, “Best” are the 3 mostly searched keywords by voice technology.
• Google Home holds a record of answering 82% of the queries correctly.
Voice-based search mainly focuses on speech recognition technology. Simply this technology allows us to transform the input voice to a quick text. For example, If you say the word “Red”, it will transform into “R”, ”e”, ”d” Now those letters will be used to create the text form of the word that we provided by sound. Then it will search the database to provide you quick relevant results.
• Language independent – Mostly text-based search is based on English. But the voice search can be done by any language. The majority of question answers can be interacted with the language that the user likes to use.
• Optimization – Voice search significantly reduces the performance time as the time of typing is not including. It fulfils the requirement that the user can solve problems without investing much time.
• Multi-tasking – Voice search uses a speech recognition technique. It enables us to do other important work at the same time.
• Content rebuilding – Until now, there has not been any attention built for voice-based SEO. The content created and marketed was only focused on the methods of getting the keywords. Now, there will be a different approach to look after things, Content needs to be reworked. Then, the voice base SEO gains popularity.
• Business Boost – It also has other benefits for both B2B and B2C companies. It gives a high scope of business conversion and product sales.
It also helps your website to gain (i) Improve click-through rate, (ii) Increase traffic, (iii) Greater brand visibility.
Every day more and more people are getting interested in voice search. As more people interact with it, its popularity is rising like a rocket. We are expecting that it will become the number one source of information in the near future. This increase can make or break a business. The earlier you start, the more likely successful your company will be.