20th November is a special and commemorative date from the year 1954. This date is adopted by the United Nations General Assembly and further described as ‘Declaration day of the child’s right’.
It was firstly introduced by Dr. Charles Leonard. He firstly named it ‘Rose Day’. Later, it was termed as ‘Flower Sunday’ and quite later this day was known as ‘Children Day’.
Universal Children’s Day is not just about treating your kids well on this day. Although, this day embarks and signifies the rise of awareness which billions of children face every second of their lives. Irrespective of the fact that every single day should treated as children’s day. But, this day officially promotes togetherness, improvement, and welfare for the kids.
• On the date of 1st June 1925, Universal Children’s Day was first proclaimed in Geneva, Switzerland.
• Article 28 of the Convention on the Right of the children states ‘equal opportunity and the right to education for all the children’.
• Children’s Day is an anniversary date of UN General Assembly adoption day for the Convention and Declaration on the child’s rights.
• Since the year 1950, most of the communist and post-communist countries celebrate Children’s day on June 1.
• Different countries have their own national date for the celebration of Children’s day. Yet, they have assigned this date as Universal Day for Children Day.
• In countries like Argentina and Turkey, Children’s Day is officially a National Holiday.
• There is a whole celebration week of ‘Children’s Day Week’ in Australia.
Child Labor – Worldwide 150 million children are ‘child-laborer’ from a very young age. Also, they don’t even have a chance to live and behave like a kid. The children are so because their parents and families are poor and live in poverty.
The kids needs to contribute their life working in order to support their families. They work in someone’s house doing household chores like cooking, fetching water, cleaning or they work in factories or sell goods. So, they don’t get time to go to school and learn as they get tired with the schedule of working whole day.
No Education – There are approximately 264 million kids or youth globally who do not have the affordability to go to school. Also, they don’t have the opportunity to read and write. The sum total of this type of kids is in such a huge number that if it gets combined they can cover a full space of a big country. They don’t have proper clothes or school uniforms to wear as well.
Their livelihood is in such poverty that they don’t even have money to take the bus to go to school. Instead, they walk a lot to reach school. They even have to undergo a lot of partiality.
Physically Challenged – In an average estimation, it was found that approximately there are 1 billion people globally that have disabilities. Every 1 out of 10 child has a special challenge in their body. Hence, approximately 90% of children do not go to school.
In this developing generation, there are a vast number of kids who face different barriers in order to go to school. Most of the time their teachers ignores them. There are lack of trained teacher, and proper infrastructure.
• Ensure a safe and positive future with encouraging attitude for the kids. Never bully them for who they are.
• Every kid irrespective of their social status, caste, religion, creed, color, or any social discrimination should get a proper education.
• Try to understand their point of view. Also, always keep your spotlight on them.
• Pamper your children and fulfill their needs. Because, it is very important to teach the kids about the difference between needs and wants.
• Make donations for the underprivileged kids. You can even sponsor few kids according to your financial status.
• Spend quality time with the kids on a daily basis. Make them feel wanted and special. Develop a craftsman relationship with them.
• Teach the kids equality, love, and kindness whole heartily.
• Go to public events and charity functions with your kids. Teach them good values for life.
Nobody sees the potentiality these kids possess. Everyone treats them as a burden in this world. Hence, there are multitudinous problems a child has to pay to lead a good life. This blog has a word limit and it seems small in comparison to the problems of they face.
Always remember what the kids see they try to become that or they follow those steps only. So, the time you invest in your child is the future investment. An investment that will later be the fruit of improvement for humanity all around the globe.
“Children are the face of God’s angel. A divine countenance without wings!”– Anonymous