It nothing impossible if there is any popular app or its feature, which Facebook cant overtake, rather they created its own version. Instagram launched its own short video feature named Reel. It is a new way to create engaging 15 sec video contents with trendy songs, challenges and slow-mo.
• The reel feature is found in Instagram’s camera section along with boomerang, live, slo-mo and many more.
• It allows users to add AR effects, speed, timer, filters, and shoot video. It also allows to add external audio from Instagram catalogue.
• Users can upload their video in their feeds and share it in explore or their personal feed.
• Monetisation method has not yet started.
• Go to Instagram camera and select Reel.
• Tap Audio option and select your favoutite song from Instagram catalogue.
• You can also record your original songs and use it or your video.
• To record in Instagram reels, tap the big white circle. It will also help you to stop the video.
• You can add VR effects and set timer to free your hands and shoot a video.
• It also allows to set a 3 – sec timer before the video starts. You can tap the timer icon on the left and set duration clip from 0.01 sec to 0.15 sec. Click on Set Timer.
• Once the video is done, you can edit the cover photo with video thumbnail or add as cover from camera roll. It can be stored as draft, shared with friends, uploaded in feeds and many more.
This was first tested in Brazil and then it rolled out in France and Germany. Now the fourth country to get this feature in India and it already started with a bang.
After the ban of #tiktok , Facebook took a chance to create an alternative with a more than 1 billion active user base. This feature has a high position of success due to its prime positioning and exposure in the app.