World Wide Web is a collection of hypermedia information stored within the internet and can be accessed anywhere anytime. It is a platform that covers the world-wide area and the information within WWW (W3) stores in a form of interconnected Web Pages. Those pages use web-like structure over the internet so we call them the World Wide Web.
Every Year 1st August is celebrated as a World Wide Web day. It is celebrated in the meaning of online activities that bring the global news at our footstep.
Sir Tim Berners-Lee, a computer scientist from the British invented WEB. He was looking for a way to communicate and share data with other scientists. In the year of 1989, at CERN centre in Switzerland they created a HTTP to standardized communication between servers and clients. He was also the first one who created the very first web browser and server.
He suggested three main technologies that are essential to use WWW. All of them remains in use today, they are –
HTML (Hypertext marking language)
URL (Universal resource locator)
HTTP (Hypertext Transfer Protocol)
• Access to different sources of informations.
• It reduces the cost of divulgation.
• Low cost of initial connection.
• No barrier to divulgation.
• Facilitates to establish professional contacts.
• Facilitates faster interactive communication.
2. Research and Development.
3. Get information about any global topic.
4. Research something on the internet.
5. Watch videos and other entertainment.
6. Advertisement and Publicity.
The WEB provides us with various types of information. Without it, that information would be very hard to get. For the people of all ages, the WWW has been one of the most essential resources that bring great value to our daily life.