Website security is a must need service when it comes to a website, especially in the 21st Century. Cyber crime is a real threat nowadays. It is happening in every day everywhere, damaging your reputation, stealing your data. So safety is important to stay safe unpleasant cyber attacks. Prevention is only possible with a good & effective security system. So, website security is an application that takes action to ensure privacy of your website data and credentials.
1. Hacked – There are hundreds of malware which can be used to hack websites by malicious attacks. When a website is hacked, the hacker gets control of all resources from there and can use them. It can also be used to take away some potential customers.
2. Reputation – Starting from a small business to a well-known business reputation is the key factor to maintain a goodwill. A good reputation that comes with great trust can make your brand product selling higher. Cyber attacker can easily destroy your reputation by hacking your website, coping data & scamming about your brand. That will create a huge risk to your brand & your business.
3. Blacklist tag – Once a hacker or an unauthorized person enters your website if the search engine knows about it, your website gets immediately blacklisted. It is really hard to recover from blacklist tag. Research shows that when a website to get blacklist, it loses 95% of the original traffic. This result can seriously damage both revenues and sales.
4. Data linkage – Your online data is an essential part whether you are a seller or buyer. If your data even got linked you will be in serious trouble. They can change your password, accounts, damaging the status, steal money from your bank accounts. Businesses that suffer a cyber attack will lose even further for repairing that system, network.
• SSL Certificate – Helps to protect your data and transactions between the web server and web browsers. This protocol uses a third party authority to track end to end transactions. It makes sure that some outsider is unable to login or modify the data. A website without a secure sockets layer (SSL) certificate is marked as insecure.
• Web application firewall (WAF) – Protects by filtering, monitoring, blocking malicious HTTP traffic between the web application and internet. It operates through a set of rules known as policies. It protects against the vulnerabilities in web applications.
• Software scanner – Used to remove suspicious worms and bugs from the website. It is basically used to protect the personal data of an individual from hackers. It checks for threats in regular basic & if it gets any successful detection it will instantly alert you.
• HTTPS encryption – Basically an internet communication protocol. It protects the privacy and confidentiality of the data from the different user’s searches in the browser. Once you get SSL certificate you can be qualified for HTTPS encryption.
• A secure password – Passwords always play an important role in secure data and accounts. So, a weak password is best to avoid. It is better to use a long, strong password that not easy to the crackdown.
• Encrypt customer’s personal information – By protecting the name, address, credit card number and other sensitive information, you can create a strong a secure account that can repel cyber attack. Having an SSL allows encrypting customer’s personal information.
• Receive authentication – Having a server certificate, it can benefit both you and your customer. A server certificate helps your authentication information that you receive online.
• Earn a potential customer’s trust – You easily earn customer’s trust by adding security measures on your website.
• Make your brand – Website security can help you build a stronger brand online. Having a secure website in online business can earn trust from others.
• Increase website conversions – When someone trusts you, they feel better to do business with you. This can help you increase your website’s conversion rate.
• Improve website SEO – SEO is a type of digital marketing that focuses on website ranking in search engine result. It is important that your website has good contents, back links and other things. It also keeps your website secure to rank higher in SEO.
Nothing is 100% secure and safe. Cyber criminals will find new ways to crack your security. The only way for us is to improve our security and be cautious. So, creating a secure website is a hard work & maintaining is even harder. But the main result is that you are safe & secure, you are protecting your data. So that along with enough comprehension for the investing hard work.