There are two major things which are needed to write a good article – good content & good technique.
There are a lot of writers who compete against each other when writing on the internet. Anyone can write something, post it & call it an article. The definition of an article is very cloudy. However it is arguably more important.
Comparatively good content is easy to create as everybody has interesting things to say, but good technique is tough. It is the thing which makes or breaks an article.
A weak article falls down & a good article can change mentality, increase followers, carries importance & demands respect. It is a worthy & valuable activity.
You may guess that an article addresses its readers. In other words, we write an article to communicate with readers. Therefore article is customized according to audience. Generally articles are produced in newspapers, magazines, journals etc to attract & retain the readers’ attention.
Confused with the definition of articles, it can be less formal. Again they can be both formal and informal; it is depending on the targeted readers as mentioned before. Also an article is mostly the thoughts & opinions of the writer on facts & evidence. Finally an article can describe events, occurrences, persons, places, experiences etc.
There are different types of formats for writing an article.
Like most of the written literary forms, articles also occupy an introduction, a body & a conclusion. So if our targeted readers are not satisfied with our article, then it would be of no use. Also it is most important that articles should have a title which grabs the attention of their readers.
The introduction part of the article should be written more about topic .When the introduction is lengthy & boring then the readers will step out from your article & transferred to writing.
The main body should be 2 to 5 paragraphs discussing about topic & define the idea. Same way a lengthy & boring body can not attract the readers & discourage them from further reading. So, identify the content as per audience taste. Suppose the article is for 5th standard students, then you have to use simple & easy words. Contradictory, if you’re writing an article for doctors, then you need to use a language which shows catchy to your readers to read the full article.
A splendid conclusion is important for an article. In the case of essay, we finish it by compiling all the ideas & information we have discussed. But articles are different from essay, with having different approach. An article’s conclusion should be distinct which makes the readers too interested to think or call for action.
• Minimize your barrier to entry: A large opening paragraph as a starting is an obstacle to enter into the topic. Your readers have to go through a long text without determining if the article is really interesting & helpful for them. So try to keep the opening always short & confused with one or two sentences to engage with the readers.
• Keep your paragraphs short: On the other hand, short paragraphs are beautiful & readers feel easy to read it. Keep your paragraph so charming that readers always want to read more & more time. So, break up your text & drive your readers from paragraph to paragraph.
Try to balance your words with empty spaces like the breaths between spoken sentences. (Short does not mean that your writing can not be stylistic & beautiful. Short means strong & precise) when you write in a brief your words are potent, not so simple & cheap.
• Keep short & sweet: This point looks like rule no.2. But it has its own significance. Cut out all unnecessary words from a sentence. If a sentence does not take you to your next point, then erase it completely. Though it hurts, but your writing will be better.
• Give a substance: The worst thing of an article is that it says nothing. There are many shallow level blog posts which have no substance to say. They are full of words, but have no point & no meaning.
Don’t write content only for the interest of writing content. Write content with meaning & the content should understand. The content should be designed to teach, convey meaning & understanding to people.
• Tell a story: This is the basic truth of humanity that they love stories. One of the best ways to captivate the attention of the readers by bringing it to life with human interest, recounting of an event, the setting of a stage, the unfolding of a plot.
• Show and then tell: Start with the point in action, then explain what it means & why it matters.
The final & unsaid rule of article is practice. Practice until you personalize the form & structure of a good article.
Everyone has something interesting to say. The world is always looking for meaningful, compelling content which shares knowledge & helps people to understand. So, let’s enhance your creativity & be the creator.